We're Hiring a Program Associate!
About the Urban Design Forum
We are an independent membership organization that advances creative solutions to urban challenges. Our programs are guided by the following values:
- We believe the design and development communities must address enduring injustices in New York City, such as housing segregation, economic inequality, and environmental racism.
- We believe New York should learn from international cities for pioneering and inspiring solutions to urban challenges.
- We believe creating interdisciplinary cohorts of emerging leaders can empower more diverse civic leadership.
- We believe government agencies should develop a long-term vision for the built environment, rather than achieve short-term wins.
- We believe decision-makers must build with, and not for, traditionally disenfranchised communities–such as women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.
- We believe the public should be mobilized around the value of design in achieving equity, inclusion, and sustainability in the built environment.
- Program Research – Conduct research for future member programming while consulting with Executive Director and Program Director.
- Program Design – Provide support for the Forum’s executive staff to plan and design yearlong inquiries and events.
- Program Management – Support in the production of the Next New York series and special partnerships, including researching venues, identifying and coordinating with speakers, drafting invitations, and overseeing all day-of logistics.
- Strategic Partnerships – Manages related programming with program partners for existing and future projects.
- Publications – Edits contributions and assists with content development related to project publications across all programs. Manages graphic designers, in coordination with Executive Staff and Communications, to produce publications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Public Policy, Architecture, Real Estate, or a related field and 1-3 years of relevant work experience; or a Master’s Degree with 0-1 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience managing and presenting in front of large groups of people.
- Experience in event production and program management is a plus.
- Experience in community and stakeholder engagement is a plus.
- Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Deep interest in urban planning and policy, architecture, landscape architecture, real estate development, or related fields.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a salary range of $45,000 – $55,000 for this position based on experience. We also offer a competitive employer paid benefits package (health, dental and vision) and generous leave policies.
Applications are due by Friday, August 28 at 5:00pm.
The Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse team of professionals committed to building a more equitable city. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.