We're Hiring a Development Associate
Urban Design Forum seeks a full-time Development Associate to support the growth of our community of members in the architecture, planning and development industries. We’re searching for an early-career professional excited to join a small, fast-growing team.
About the Urban Design Forum
Urban Design Forum mobilizes civic leaders to confront the defining issues facing New York City. We work with our 750 members to investigate complex challenges in the built environment, study alternative approaches from cities around the world, and advance progressive strategies to build a more dynamic and democratic city. Our programs are guided by the following values:
- We believe the design and development communities must address enduring injustices in New York City, such as housing segregation, economic inequality, and environmental racism.
- We believe New York should learn from international cities for pioneering and inspiring solutions to urban challenges.
- We believe creating interdisciplinary cohorts of emerging leaders can empower more diverse civic leadership.
- We believe government agencies should develop a long-term vision for the built environment, rather than achieve short-term wins.
- We believe decision-makers must build with, and not for, traditionally disenfranchised communities–such as women, BIPOC, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.
- We believe the public should be mobilized around the value of design in achieving equity, inclusion, and sustainability in the built environment.
As Development Associate, you will support the growth of our network, coordinate private events, research and apply for grants, and assist with special projects. You will work on a team with our Executive Director, Director of Member Engagement, and Communications Manager. We are searching for an excellent writer and organized project manager interested to support our work of building a more dynamic and democratic city.
- Development Management – Assist with annual fundraising plans, propose and cultivate new development prospects, prepare meeting briefs, and track contributions.
- Major Giving Programs – Coordinate fundraising events and private events for our Board of Directors and major patrons.
- Membership Development – Research prospective members, coordinate annual renewals, draft invitation letters, and maintain the membership database.
- Grant Management – Identify grants to fund programs and general operating expenses, submit applications and complete grant reports.
- Community Stewardship – Liaise with individual and company members on a regular basis and integrate their research and expertise into our programming.
- Special Projects – Assist with scheduling, administrative tasks, and special projects as required.
- Broad curiosity on issues in the built environment, including housing, economic development, mobility, and climate.
- Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience with CRM platforms, such as Salesforce, is a plus.
- Experience in event production and fundraising is a plus.
- Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of relevant work experience; or a Master’s Degree with 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
Location & Schedule
This position will report to our New York City office beginning in September. We expect to return to the office Tuesday through Thursday, and work from home on Monday and Friday. We occasionally host events on nights and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits
The expected salary for this position will be $50,000 – 55,000. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, vacation, professional development and retirement benefits.
How to Apply
Applications are due Friday, August 27 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse team of professionals that resembles the city we serve. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please contact email@example.com.