The Urban Design Forum is seeking a Program Director
We are looking for a new part-time Program Director to produce our programs, publications and special projects.
The Program Director will oversee two annual programs: Next New York, a series of public programs examining key issues facing New York City’s built environment; and Forefront, a fellowship for emerging urban practitioners. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Program Director will curate the direction and coordinate the execution of compelling discussions between influential civic leaders in New York City. The Program Director will also help to produce all major project publications.
We’re searching for a mid-career professional excited about joining a small, fast-paced team; a person passionate about how urban design impacts daily life; and a strategic thinker that is always looking to improve the way we work. The ideal candidate will balance this exciting opportunity with another freelance or part-time position.
General duties will include:
- Program Research – Conducts research for future member programming while consulting with Executive Director, directs Program Assistant and interns as needed.
- Program Management – Leads production of the Next New York series, including researching venues, identifying and coordinating with speakers, drafting invitations, and overseeing all day-of logistics. Delegates program management tasks to Program Assistant as needed.
- Forefront Fellowship – Oversees the work of the Program Assistant to plan and execute this series. Leads the selection process for new classes of Forefront Fellows.
- Publications – Edits contributions and assists with content development related to Next New York and Forefront project publications. Hires and manages graphic designers to produce publications.
- Board Management – Establishes Program Committee meeting schedule and assists the Committee in planning member programming.
- Bachelor’s in Urban Planning, Design Criticism, Public Policy, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Real Estate Development, or a related field and 3-5 years of relevant work experience; or a Master’s Degree with 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in event production and program management.
- Polished and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Deep interest in urban planning and policy, architecture, landscape architecture, real estate development, housing, transportation, design journalism or related fields.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Program Director” in the subject line.
Contract position for 20 hours per week.