Shelter for All Reading List
Reading List ↓
- “The 2017 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress,” U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, December 2017.
- Main, Thomas J. “Homelessness in New York City: Policymaking from Koch to de Blasio,” New York University Press, 2016.
- “New York City Homelessness: The Basic Facts,” Coalition for the Homeless, January 2018.
- “Turning the Tide on Homelessness in New York City,” The City of New York, New York City Department of Health and Human Services, New York City Department of Homeless Services, 2017.
- “Daily Report,” New York City Department of Homeless Services, January 31, 2018.
- “On the Map: The Dynamics of Family Homelessness in New York City,” Institute for Children, Poverty and Homelessness, April 2017.”
- “The Rising Number of Homeless Families in NYC, 2002 – 2012: A Look at Why Families Were Granted Shelter, the Housing They Had Lived in & Where They Came From,” New York City Independent Budget Office, November 2014.
- Stephen Crystal et al., “Chronic and Situational Dependency: Long Term Residents in a Shelter for Men,” New York City Human Resources Administration, May 1982.
- “Students Identified as Homeless 2016-17,“ New York State Education Department, NYS-TEACHS, October 2017.
- “Prioritizing Homeless Children and Their Families,” Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York, Enterprise Community Partners, New Desitiny Housing, June 2017.
- “The Impact of Supportive Housing on Surrounding Neighborhoods: Evidence from New York City,” New York University Furman Center, November 2008.
- Liebow, Elliot. “Tell Them Who I Am: The Lives of Homeless Women,” Penguin Books, 1993.
- “Aced Out in Tier II Shelters: Why Family Homelessness Will Increase in New York City,” The Bassuk Center on Homeless and Vulnerable Children & Youth, June 2017.
- Culhane, D., Metraux, S. & Hadley, T. “Public Service Reductions Associated with Placement of Homeless Persons with Severe Mental Illness in Supportive Housing,” Housing Policy Debate, 2002.
- “State of the Homeless 2017 – Rejecting Low Expectations: Housing is the Answer,” Coalition for the Homeless, March 2017.
- Messeri, P., O’Flaherty, B. & Goodman, S. “Does Homelessness Prevention Work? Evidence from New York City’s HomeBase Program,” 2011.
- “Homelessness in the Los Angeles Region, California— Advisory Services Panel,” Urban Land Institute, December, 2017.
- “The Forgotten Faces of Homelessness,” WIN, October, 2016.